When a runner is preparing to go for a run, they usually don their favorite pair of running shoes and a comfortable workout outfit. When a horseback rider is preparing to go for a trail ride, they will take the same care in picking out their attire, as well as their horse’s tack. When it is time for you to go on your next trail ride, remember that your experience can only be as good as the equipment that you wear and the tack that dons your horse’s back.
The Importance Of Good Trail Riding Tack
Purchasing tack is an important part of any equestrian’s life. While tack doesn’t have to be expensive, it does need to properly fit your horse, which is why so many riders turn to an online tack store. Our online tack store has the benefit of providing multiple designs, styles, and types of tack. From fly masks to pads, girths to bridles, when you shop at an online tack store you are more likely to find the type of tack and trail riding supplies that you need at a price you can afford.
When shopping for trail riding tack, keep the following tips in mind:
• Saddle pads should be capable of properly wicking your horses sweat.
• Boots should be constructed with secure Velcro straps, so that they do not slip during the trail ride.
• Fly masks should be made specifically for riding purposes. Do not use a turnout fly mask when riding.
• Bridles should fit comfortably and be constructed from a supple leather.
• The saddle should fit your horse properly. It should sit level on your horse’s back, while simultaneously providing ample clearance over your horse’s withers.
• Girths should be made from either braided rope, leather, or fleece, depending on you and your horse’s preferences.
With these tips in mind, don’t forget to also purchase a good leather cleaner. No matter the cost of your tack, it should always be properly taken care of with a leather cleaner and conditioner. After your trail ride, you should take the time needed to properly clean your tack so that it is free of sweat and dirt. Finally, don’t forget to spend extra time thoroughly grooming your horse and giving him some well-deserved treats purchased from your favorite online tack store. Saddle Up for Savings and shop at Trail Riding Online Equine Supplies.